Dealing with life’s curve balls
Dealing with life’s curve balls Sometimes life throws us a curve ball, you plan and prepare long an hard you’re just about to get started then the rug gets pulled out from under you. Circumstances beyond your control take over and seem to ruin well thought out plans.
There can be many reasons for these changes in direction some good some not so good. They could include health issues, redundancy, job offers, a mysterious change in direction of the organisation you are part of. Sometimes there is no apparent reason at all. There have been many times in my life that have meant that plans have needed to change or even stop.
So what gets me through?
Here are some things that I do to help.
1. I have faith in God
2. Have no regrets, the past is the past
3. Keep short accounts for forgiveness (I chose to forgive, I ask for forgiveness)
4. Accept that change is inevitable
5. Understand that all organizations are run by fallible people
7. I know that my self-esteem is not reliant on what others think, do or say.
8. Recreation (fishing, music etc)
9. Exercise (swimming)
Also there have been times when I’ve needed extra support to deal with bigger issues. I recommend that you need to learn to recognize early that you can’t deal with something on your own and get help be it professional counseling, medical attention, or even spiritual support as soon as possible.
Be honest with yourself.
Work out a plan that works for you, come up with a list of things that you can do to keep on top of the things life throws at you, and again, get outside help early if you need to don’t “go it alone”