Monthly Archives: September 2014
Posted by Paul S Allen
This is a call for all of us creative types to use our talents for social good.
We now more than ever need to use our art and talents to highlight the real New Zealand, so that people will see it is not the 100% pure image seen in the glossy marketing.
We need people to see the eroded sovereign rights, the increasing poverty, the widening inequality, the unemployed, the polluted waterways and growing environmental issues. the downtrodden, sick and forgotten and the many, many other issues being experienced in our country today.
It is now time…
- For photographers to use images to unsettle and enlighten.
- For singer-songwriters to sing the songs that challenge the status quo.
- For thinkers and poets to question authority.
- For the media to be independent and investigative not swayed by biased political or commercial agenda.
- For people to stand up for all those who need a voice to be heard.
- For all of us to tell the world that everything is NOT ok in this country.
We can, we should and we will do something about it.
PS: if you know of an event that highlights the need for social change or for justice or other protest in Dunedin NZ please contact me. As a photographer I am happy to use my skills for a good cause.
Tags: Art, Change, Communication, Community, Dunedin, environmental issues, Government, important, Influence, New Zealand, Otago, Paul S Allen, Paulusthebrit, Photography, protest, Social Justice, TheWaterside, Think